Re: [patch 0/4] XEN: Interrupt cleanups

From: Ian Campbell
Date: Tue Feb 08 2011 - 04:18:06 EST

On Sat, 2011-02-05 at 20:08 +0000, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> the following series converts the interrupt chips of XEN to the new
> chip functions and the last patches replace the xen private resume
> hackery.
>
> The first two patches have no dependencies.
>
> The last two need the modification to the generic interrupt layer. I
> could either carry them through the genirq tree with your
> acked-tested-whatever-by or I provide you a branch to pull that change
> from. I need the genirq change local as it conflicts with other patches
> in the pipeline. Either way works fine.

I definitely like IRQF_FORCE_RESUME bits, clearly much better than the
current solution.

I applied the complete series applied on top of current Linus tree (with
fixlet from my reply to 2/4 and a little reject fixup in irq.h from
3/4).

It appears that with all 4 patches applied IPIs aren't getting
resumed/unmasked/something else after a migration.

Adding an irq_enable hook to the relevant irq_chip didn't fix it and I
didn't get a chance to dig any deeper this evening.

I'll look a bit closer tomorrow and get back to you.

Ian.