Re: ext4: Fix data corruption with multi-block writepages support

From: Matt
Date: Fri Feb 04 2011 - 17:40:53 EST

>Thanks, added to the ext4 patch queue.

>I modified the commit description slightly to give credit to Jon
>Nelson, who reported the bug and really helped by devising a
>reproduceable test case. Many thanks, Jon!!

> - Ted

So that means that the file-corruption which existed until 2.6.37-rc6
and got triggered (for me) more easily via "dm crypt: scale to
multiple CPUs"
is fixed now ?

That should give ext4 a nice speedup for >=2.6.38 :)

Could you also please add an ?

Reported-by: Matthias Bayer <jackdachef <at> gmail <dot> com >

I mainly found it through testing with the mentioned dm-crypt scaling
patch and >=2.6.36-git*

Thanks & Regards !

Matt