Thread Affinity structure

From: Sri Ram Vemulpali
Date: Fri Feb 04 2011 - 12:11:20 EST

Hi all,

I have doubt regarding how the thread affinity (to processor) is
defined in a process (task). If there is only single thread in a
process, then when process calls itself on binding to a core, will let
run on that core forever. But, what if there are multiple threads, in
a process (task). If the main thread calls set affinity to a core, is
it going to get inherited to all other threads, or just the calling
thread in a task. What happens when forked a process with threads that
has affinity to a core. Please can anyone point me to the literature
on this. Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
Sri.