Re: 2.6.37 considered stable?

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Fri Feb 04 2011 - 08:33:44 EST

On Friday, February 04, 2011, Mike Galbraith wrote:
>On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 04:51 -0800, Martin Knoblauch wrote:
>> Hi Greg,
>>
>> just curious and no criticism intended :-) Is 2.6.37 so stable, that
>> it doesn't
>>
>> need fixes? I mean, it is almost a month out in the wild and no stable
>> release.
>
>We're lulling bugs into a false sense of security. We'll slaughter them
>by the hundreds in their sleep :)
>
> -Mike

Chuckle. I've been running 2.6.37 here, with all of that new group
scheduling stuff enabled, the desktop feels great and my only fuss is that
kaffiene, when watching digital tv on my pcHD-3000 card, is NOT getting
enough time so both the audio and the video have little 20 millisecond
holes chopped in them at sub-second intervals. Not the most pleasant thing
to watch. I would appreciate any suggestions on how to get such an
application a higher priority.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)