RE: Query about kdump_msg hook into crash_kexec()

From: Seiji Aguchi
Date: Thu Feb 03 2011 - 17:09:55 EST

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I would like to consider "Needs in enterprise area" and "Implementation of kmsg_dump()" separately.

(1) Needs in enterprise area
In case of kdump failure, we would like to store kernel buffer to NVRAM/flush memory
for detecting root cause of kernel crash.

(2) Implementation of kmsg_dump
You suggest to review/test cording of kmsg_dump() more.

What do you think about (1)?
Is it acceptable for you?

Seiji