Re: [EDAC-AMD64] Display correct RAM sizes in ganged mode on F10CPUs

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Thu Feb 03 2011 - 12:57:39 EST

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 12:25:39PM -0500, Markus Trippelsdorf wrote:
> Looks good, many thanks Boris.
>
> EDAC amd64: F10h detected (node 0).
> EDAC MC: DCT0 chip selects:
> EDAC amd64: MC: 0: 1024MB 1: 1024MB
> EDAC amd64: MC: 2: 1024MB 3: 1024MB
> EDAC amd64: MC: 4: 0MB 5: 0MB
> EDAC amd64: MC: 6: 0MB 7: 0MB
> EDAC MC: DCT1 chip selects:
> EDAC amd64: MC: 0: 1024MB 1: 1024MB
> EDAC amd64: MC: 2: 1024MB 3: 1024MB
> EDAC amd64: MC: 4: 0MB 5: 0MB
> EDAC amd64: MC: 6: 0MB 7: 0MB

Ok thanks, will add your Tested-by: too.

> BTW another thing, while I have your attention:
>
> cat /sys/devices/system/edac/mc/mc0/csrow0/edac_mode
> prints "S4ECD4ED" aka Chipkill on my system.
> But I'm using a revision C Phenom that only supports a x4 symbol size,
> while the Kingston ECC DIMMs have a width of x8. So according to
> table 77 (page 174) of the "BIOS and Kernel Developerâs Guide" the
> system is actually running in SECDED mode and does not provide Chipkill.

Yeah, that table needs to be implemented for proper csrow->edac_mode
assignment. I'll try to get it done soon.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Advanced Micro Devices GmbH
Einsteinring 24, 85609 Dornach
General Managers: Alberto Bozzo, Andrew Bowd
Registration: Dornach, Gemeinde Aschheim, Landkreis Muenchen
Registergericht Muenchen, HRB Nr. 43632