Why one of the 2 patches to fix "autogroup" sched problem on UPmachines is missing in -rc3?

From: Kazuhisa Ichikawa
Date: Tue Feb 01 2011 - 04:05:32 EST

Hi Yong,

Now 2.6.38-rc3 is out, and I think one of the 2 patches you wrote to
fix "autogroup" sched problem on UP machines is missing there.

More precisely, your first patch for kernel/sched.c (titled: sched:
tg->se->load should be initialised to tg->shares) is missing, while
the second one for kernel/sched_fair.c (titled: sched: Fix poor
interactivity on UP systems due to group scheduler nice tune bug) is
in -rc3.

So what happened to the first patch? Was it superseded and made
obsolete by the second patch?

# Sorry for not replying to your original post. I'm not subscribing to
linux kernel mailing list.

Regards,

- Kazuhisa