RE: Status of the LSI 2108

From: James Shubin
Date: Fri Jan 21 2011 - 11:20:31 EST

Hi Supermicro,

I'm looking for information on whether the LSI 2108 is fully supported
in the vanilla linux kernel, and any thoughts as to the quality/
robustness of the driver. The servers in question that I'm interested in
are the:
http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/2U/8026/SYS-8026B-6R.cfm?SAS=Y

Thank you for your time, feel free to see the below history for some
background.

James