PROBLEM: Bluetooth USB dongle dies often when using BT mouse.

From: Bushman
Date: Wed Jan 19 2011 - 10:09:37 EST

1) The USB bluetooth dongle dies every few seconds/minutes when using BT mouse.

1.1) Table of contents:
1) One line summary of the problem:
1.1) This TOC
2) Full description of the problem/report:
3) Keywords (i.e., modules, networking, kernel):
4) Kernel version (from /proc/version):
5) Output of Oops.. message N/A?
6) A small shell script or example program which triggers the problem N/A
7) Environment
7.1) Software
7.2) Processor information (from /proc/cpuinfo):
7.3) Module information (from /proc/modules):
7.4) Loaded driver and hardware information (/proc/ioports, /proc/iomem)
7.5) PCI information ('lspci -vvv' as root)
7.6) SCSI information N/A
7.7) Other information that might be relevant to the problem: dmesg output, usbmon debug output, lsusb

2) When i'm using bluetooth mouse my bluetooth dongle dies every few minutes taking the mouse down on the way. The dongle does not crash when idle, when using for file transfer or internet connectivity. I'm using "Blueman Device Manager 1.21" for configuring the mouse. The bluetooth dongle is branded "Manta" and the mouse is Esperanza model EM117. The mouse AND the bluetooth dongle were tested on other machines running various versions of Windows and Ubuntu 10.10. Under the Windows OS the problem does not exist. Under other Ubuntu OS the problems is exactly the same.

If that's not a problem, please include me to CC in replies to this problem since i'm not subscribing the mailing list and it is the only problem i'm dealing with at the moment. Thanks in advance.

3) Keywords: Bluetooth, USB, Mouse.

4) Kernel version: Linux version 2.6.32-27-generic (buildd@roseapple) (gcc version 4.4.3 (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5) ) #49-Ubuntu SMP Wed Dec 1 23:52:12 UTC 2010

5) Output of Oops:
N/A (Oops? o_O)

6) A small shell script or example program which triggers the problem
N/A

7) Enviroment: Acer Extensa 5200 running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
Due to the large amount of information provided in this section it is available at http://www.bushman.pl/attachments/enviroment.txt

Regards,
Wojciech "Bushman" Nycz

PS: please add me to CC when replying to this email, thank you.