Re: Bug in scheduler when using rt_mutex

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Jan 19 2011 - 02:19:32 EST

* Mike Galbraith <efault@xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 14:09 +0800, Yong Zhang wrote:

> > > If that were always true, we'd illegally enqueue a running task.
> >
> > I'm sorry that I'm not express myself correctly.
>
> Human communication methods are all buggy as hell :)

Not to mention that they are slow, inefficient and ambiguous.

But wht did you expect? The original authors of the code are long gone and
maintenance is done by newcomers who are patching the code bit by bit. What
you get from such a development model is pretty predictable: ~1 billion years
old spaghetti DNA that no-one truly understands.

Ingo