Re: Linux 2.6.38-rc1

From: Justin Mattock
Date: Tue Jan 18 2011 - 23:06:08 EST

On Jan 18, 2011, at 7:53 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 7:42 PM, Justin Mattock <justinmattock@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

wheres the changelog? (gotta narcissistically check to see if I made it
in)..

I only do changelogs in the email if they are small enough to be
reasonable. -rc1 never is. -rc2 seldom is. Usually it's -rc3 and up.
In this case, even just the shortlog would have been about ten
thousand lines and 480kB, so it really isn't going to fly through lkml
(and nobody would read it all anyway)

never realized that... always thought there was a changelog in your posts for releases

But you can get git, and do

git shortlog v2.6.37..v2.6.38-rc1

to get the shortlog. Or you can download the whole changelog from
kernel.org next to the kernel sources. The git approach is better,
because you can ask for the log for just specific files or
subdirectories that you are interested in, which turns the flood into
something much more manageable.

git is where Ill see then, and/or if you post it on an email

But, since you asked, we can just do

git shortlog --author=justin v2.6.37..v2.6.38-rc1

a new way to use git...(nice!!)

which is appended. Go Justin!

Linus

PS. No. I will not make personalized shortlogs for everybody who asks.

no... thats not a good idea

---
Justin P. Mattock (8):
staging: Fix typos in rt2860
spi/dw_spi Typo change diable to disable.
spi/topcliff: Typo fix threhold to threshold
media: comment typo fix diable -> disable.
wireless: comment typo fix diable -> disable.
m68k: fix comment typo diable -> disable.
drivers: fix comment typo diable -> disable.
ppc: fix comment typo singal -> signal

was wondering what happened to those.. all right... and Now have my answer!!

thanks for the response...

Justin P. Mattock