Kernel panic - fat_evict inode - 2.6.37

From: Bernard Pidoux
Date: Mon Jan 17 2011 - 05:30:40 EST

Hi,

I observed a kernel panic and Linux reboot just after requesting
eject of an USB memory stick (that appears like a 2 Go disk)

Unfortunately, netconsole report did not work and I had just time
to take a screen picture.

In an attempt to duplicate the system failure I unplugged the stick, put it back on the USB plug and right click on the disk icone
to eject the device but I could not reproduce the issue.

In short the panic message says :

kernel panic - not syncing : Fatal exception
Pid: 2567, comm: tracker-niner-f Tainted: G D 2.6.37

panic
? kmsg_dump
oops_end
no_context