Do GEODE_MFGPT_TIMER and GEODE_WDT really depend on MGEODE_LX?

From: Martin Teufel
Date: Sun Jan 16 2011 - 21:28:25 EST

Hi,

since a few days I am running my own debian 2.6.32-5 on my ALIX machines
and the watchdogs (GEODE_MFGPT_TIMER, GEODE_WDT) are running and doing a
good job. Now I thought about an upstream solution for the debian stock
kernel but therefore need to know if GEODE_MFGPT_TIMER and GEODE_WDT
really depend on MGEODE_LX, as the Linux kernel configuration points
out.
In other words: Is it possible to compile a kernel with these drivers
which is not Geode LX specific (where MGEODE_LX is not set) and/or is it
possible to add these modules later by module-assistant (to a kernel
where MGEODE_LX is not set)?

Please note that I'm *not* on the mailing list, so please send me a CC
of your answer(s) - thanks.

Best regards,
Martin