Re: IRQ enable/disable BUG in IDE w/shared IRQs

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Fri Jan 14 2011 - 13:44:27 EST

On 01/14/2011 05:30 AM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jan 2011, David Miller wrote:
I have a hard time believing we've gotten away with this for so long.
Maybe it really is that rare to share the IDE interrupts with other
stuff?

IIRC, the legacy IDE interrupts were 14/15 and those were never shared.

Yes, non-shared 14/15 were the 95% common case for the longest time. Sharing IDE interrupts within old-IDE worked FSVO "working", but the interrupt probes were written for a non-shared interrupt, then hacking into working for shared interrupts when PCI first starting showing up on the scene.

Jeff