Re: ARM: relocation out of range (when loading a module)

From: Alexander Holler
Date: Thu Jan 13 2011 - 09:36:14 EST

Am 13.01.2011 11:04, schrieb Russell King - ARM Linux:

At least I like that feature since it is available and won't miss it now. ;)

The feature isn't available if it doesn't work. It's not going to get
fixed for 2.6.38 - it'll be 2.6.39 due to the timing and complexity of
the problem.

I just wanted to express that I like that feature a lot and I didn't wanted to ask for a quick fix nor did I wanted to make pressure.

I've tried a the patch from Rabin Vincent (along with an alignment) and it works. It might not be the best solution and I certainly waste some memory (no free), but I don't care.

Regards,

Alexander