Re: [BUG] perf sched broken

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Thu Jan 13 2011 - 08:20:21 EST

Em Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 05:53:55PM -0800, Corey Ashford escreveu:
> On 01/12/2011 01:29 AM, Stephane Eranian wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to use perf sched from tip-x86 but it fails for all my attempts.
>>
>> First of, I think the event list is stale. This is not so much the
>> events themselves
>> but rather the flags.
>>
>> Looks to me like the :r modifier is not supported anymore, so a patch like the
>> one below is needed. That helps collect a trace. But then, you can dump
>> the trace.
>
> After looking at this in more detail, I agree with Stephane: the 'r'
> option appears to only be supported for hardware breakpoint events. My
> patch just causes the 'r' to be properly processed and rejected as a
> legal option.

And thus broke 'perf sched' because it uses it, thanks to this
discussion we figured out that 'perf sched' shouldn't be using it :)

So thank you and Stephane, I'm applying his patch. That ':r' stuff makes
no sense and I couldn't find it being parsed anywhere, historical
bitrotted baggage it seems.

Thanks a lot!

- Arnaldo