Re: [dm-devel] linux-next - WARNING: at fs/block_dev.c:824bd_link_disk_holder+0x92/0x1ac()

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Thu Jan 13 2011 - 08:12:32 EST

Hello,

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 01:27:01PM +0100, Karel Zak wrote:
> We also use holders/slaves links in libblkid to evaluate dependencies
> between devices (since 2008).
>
> > Whatever changes are needed, please keep this functionality, it
> > can be useful.
>
> Definitely.

Yeah, sure, it's not like I can afford to avoid fixing it at this
point anyway, but I still want to point out it's at the wrong layer
and shouldn't have been added like this, really. If you want blkid to
identify it, the proper thing to do would be querying blk device for
the claimer and then use claimer-specific method to query them. It's
not like the current method would make sense for btrfs or whatnot.

So, yeap, I definitely am fixing it but let's not do things like this
in the future.

Thanks.

--
tejun