netns physical interface moving

From: Renato Westphal
Date: Wed Jan 12 2011 - 11:20:49 EST

Hello,

I would be very nice if someone could help me on this questions:

1) I've read that using Kernel >2.6.35 it is possible to move physical
interfaces across network namespaces. I would like to port this
feature to Kernel 2.6.32. Does anyone has any idea on how difficult it
would be? The related commits?

2) How can one communicate a Serial interface on the initial network
namespace to another interface (ethernet) on another namespace? I've
tried to do that using bridges and virtual ethernet pairs but since
bridges rely on ethernet frame's mac addresses it is not possible to
create the interface between the serial interface and the bridge.

Regards,
Renato.

--
Renato Westphal