Re: [GIT] Security subsystem changes for 2.6.38

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Jan 10 2011 - 17:56:36 EST

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 1:56 PM, James Morris <jmorris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In these cases it's my local 'master', which is tracking your tree.  I'll
> look at renaming that or creating a new branch called linus-master.

That doesn't much help. It now says the source, but still gives no
indication _why_ you pulled.

If you want to sync up, use a tag or something. Then it actually makes
sense, and a merge message like "Merge tag 'v2.6.36-rc7'" actually
makes sense.

But "Merge branch 'linus-master'" just makes me (and anybody else) go
"why did the security tree merge some random daily thing"?

Linus