[RFC] kbuild: generic support for asm-generic

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Sat Jan 08 2011 - 08:03:12 EST

Hi Arnd et all.

This is my second attempt to provide generic support for
architectures that use existing headers from asm-generic.

With this kbuild will read the file: arch/$ARCH/include/asm-generic

For each file listed in this file a wrapper is generated in
arch/$ARCH/inclue/generated/asm/

The patch include support so headers_install works.

The inspiration came from the unicore32 patchset,
but I redid this to make it more general.

I will follow-up with two patches.
One that implment the functionality.
A second that convert two headers in x86 to use the
new asm-generic stuff (only as an example).

Sam