GIT question - am I doing it correctly?

From: Piotr Hosowicz
Date: Wed Dec 29 2010 - 11:23:14 EST

Hello,

Everytime I git pull tyhe Linus' sources but before I build I apply Peter Zijlstra's fixes, Takashi Iwai's sources and Dave Miller's sources. The sequence is:

# the Linus' sources
git pull

# external sources
git remote add some_name git://some_URL.git

# update
git remote update

Then configure and I build. I noticed that especially Peter's git-update very quickly, not as long as they did before.

Is my procedure correct? I am new to GIT.

Regards,

Piotr Hosowicz

--
W trosce o najmłodsze pokolenie, nasi ustawodawcy winni znowelizować
ustawę o wychowaniu w trzeźwości i przeciwdziałaniu alkoholizmowi tak,