[GIT PULL?] RBD sysfs interface snafu

From: Sage Weil
Date: Wed Dec 01 2010 - 19:11:03 EST

Hi Linus,

The sysfs interface for RBD (rados block device, merged in 2.6.37-rc1) was
based on that of osdblk. After seeing the SCST sysfs thread, though, I
realized that was a poor example and that the existing RBD sysfs interface
was bad news (multiple lines/items per file, incorrectly placed in
/sys/class, etc.). The sysfs portion of RBD really should have been
explicitly reviewed by Greg KH beforehand--that was my fault for not
involving him sooner.

We've fixed the interface, and now have an Acked-by from Greg, but it's
pretty late in the cycle. You could

1- pull in the updated interface (changelog/diffstat below) from

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sage/ceph-client.git rbd-sysfs

2- make RBD depend on CONFIG_BROKEN (Greg's suggestion)
3- drop RBD altogether and pull it again for .38

I don't think keeping the current interface for .37 is an option. I
obviously prefer #1 (we're still in CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL territory here),
but it's clearly your call.

Thanks!
sage

---

Yehuda Sadeh (1):
rbd: replace the rbd sysfs interface

Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-rbd | 83 ++++
drivers/block/rbd.c | 748 +++++++++++++++++++------------
create mode 100644 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-rbd