Re: ath9k_htc vs. powerpc (was Re: working usb wifi card, that is still possible to buy)

From: Sujith
Date: Fri Nov 26 2010 - 06:47:47 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Sujith, I see you fought with endianness issues on ath9k_htc
> driver. Was you able to test it on actual hardware? Should I try the
> version just after your commit?

No, I never had a chance to test the driver on a big-endian system.
I assume you are referring to this commit: "ath9k_htc: Fix sparse endian warnings" ?

Does using latest wireless-testing help ?
Or you can try compat-wireless to get the latest code.

> > Editing ath_print() works. Question is what is relevant debug info for this...?

Please see: http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath9k/debug
'modprobe ath9k_htc debug=0x4601' should give some useful output.

Sujith