Re: TCP_MAXSEG vs TCP/generic segmentation offload (tso/gso)

From: Ben Gamari
Date: Thu Nov 25 2010 - 10:57:10 EST

> I have spent some time searching the documentation and the net for
> answers, without result, hence I'm posting to this list. I'm not
> subscribed, so please cc any replies.

You may find that responses are more forthcoming if you include the
maintainers for the tcp subsystem and a few of the relevant
drivers. This will ensure that they see your message. The LKML is a
pretty high-traffic list and it is frequently that messages simply
aren't seen. Also, I would definitely start by filing bug reports
against individual drivers; as you said producing packets larger than
the maximum segment size definitely seems like buggy behavior. A bug
report will ensure that the problem doesn't fall through the cracks.
Good luck,

- Ben