Re: [RFC/RFT PATCH v3] sched: automated per tty task groups

From: Paul Menage
Date: Mon Nov 15 2010 - 20:55:44 EST

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> so sched_debug_show() is apparently calling cgroup_path() with a NULL
> cgroup. I think it's "print_task()" that is to blame, it does
>
>     cgroup_path(task_group(p)->css.cgroup, ..
>
> without checking whether there _is_ any css.cgroup.

Right - previously the returned task_group would be always associated
with a cgroup. Now, it may not be.

The original task_group() should be made accessible for anything that
wants a real cgroup in the scheduler hierarchy, and called from the
new task_group() function. Not sure what the best naming convention
would be, maybe task_group() and effective_task_group() ?

Paul