Re: dm-crypt barrier support is effective

From: Matt
Date: Sun Nov 14 2010 - 18:24:18 EST

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 10:54 PM, Milan Broz <mbroz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/14/2010 10:49 PM, Matt wrote:
>> only with the dm-crypt scaling patch I could observe the data-corruption
>
> even with v5 I sent on Friday?
>
> Are you sure that it is not related to some fs problem in 2.6.37-rc1?
>
> If it works on 2.6.36 without problems, it is probably problems somewhere
> else (flush/fua conversion was trivial here - DM is still doing full flush
> and there are no other changes in code IMHO.)
>
> Milan

Hi Milan,

I'm aware of your new v5 patch (which should include several
improvements (or potential fixes in my case) over the v3 patch)

as I already wrote my schedule unfortunately currently doesn't allow
me to test it

* in the case of no corruption it would be nice to have 2.6.37-rc* running :)

* in the case of data corruption that would mean restoring my system -
since it's my production box and right now I don't have a fallback at
reach
at earliest I could give it a shot at the beginning of December. Then
I could also test reiserfs and ext4 as a system partition to rule out
that it's
a ext4-specific thing (currently I'm running reiserfs on my system-partition).

Thanks !

Matt