Re: [GIT PULL] SCSI queuecommand API change for 2.6.37-rc1

From: Matthew Wilcox
Date: Fri Nov 12 2010 - 23:28:45 EST

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 05:42:06PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> And the sad thing is that this could _trivially_ have been fixed while
> actually making the patch no bigger. Make the new function look like
>
> int func(struct Scsi_Host *shost, struct scsi_cmnd *cmd, void
> (*done)(struct scsi_cmnd *));

Actually, it'd be even better if we took away an argument.

int queuecommand(struct scsi_cmnd *cmd);

Every single driver sets cmd->scsi_done = done;

(some don't do it immediately, but they all do it eventually. Do it in
the single caller, and eventually remove the assignments from the drivers).

--
Matthew Wilcox Intel Open Source Technology Centre
a retrograde step."