Oprofile bug ?

From: Sylvain GENEVES
Date: Fri Nov 12 2010 - 16:21:03 EST

Hello,

I'm encountering unexpected behaviour with OProfile when the profiled
system is under heavy load : "BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request
at 0000000000004cc3" (full console message is attached).

I'm using a linux kernel 2.6.32 and both OProfile 0.9.6 from Debian
repositories and OProfile 0.9.7 from CVS on Intel Xeon E5440 harpertown.

It happens when I profile a webserver under heavy load, with some cores
disabled, and with the following event :
--event=CPU_CLK_UNHALTED:1600000000000

I also use the --separate=all --callgraph=3 and my kernel has debug
symbols and frame pointers enabled.

Anyone has any idea on what is happening ?
Thanks,
Regards,
Sylvain