Re: regression since 2.6.36: backlight in sony-laptop not working

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Fri Nov 12 2010 - 05:10:23 EST

Hi Zhang,

On Fr, 12 Nov 2010, Zhang Rui wrote:
> I think the /sys/class/thermal/ and /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0
> still exists, right?

Yes, right.

> we make ACPI video procfs I/F depend on CONFIG_ACPI_PROCFS, which is
> cleared by default, in 2.6.36, and removed this I/F in 2.6.37-rc1.
> perhaps the backlight control depends on the procfs I/F?

Hmm, I would have expected that the backlight adjustment reacts to the
key sent, as I can use xbacklight by hand, and that is old.

Best wishes

Norbert
Norbert Preining preining@{jaist.ac.jp, logic.at, debian.org}
JAIST, Japan TeX Live & Debian Developer
DSA: 0x09C5B094 fp: 14DF 2E6C 0307 BE6D AD76 A9C0 D2BF 4AA3 09C5 B094