Re: [RFC/Requirements/Design] h/w error reporting

From: Mathieu Desnoyers
Date: Wed Nov 10 2010 - 10:28:24 EST

* Steven Rostedt (rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
[...]
> I added Mathieu too. I know to you LTTng does not exist, but he can at
> least give ideas about something we may not have thought about and may
> want to do in the future.

If we come up with an ABI that fulfills my user needs, I'll switch to it and
deprecate LTTng. I've actually worked almost full time on common kernel tracer
infrastructures this year, leaving LTTng development almost to a standing halt.

How do you guys want to proceed ? Do you want to throw your requirements over
the wall or do you want me to propose a trace format we can discuss on ?

Thanks,

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Desnoyers