Doubt about CRTSCTS preprocessor macro definition in termbits.h file

From: Ramya Desai
Date: Tue Nov 09 2010 - 02:27:38 EST

Dear All,

I did not understand the CRTSCTS preprocessor macro which is defined
in termbits.h file.

http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.36/include/asm-generic/termbits.h

As per the typedefs defined in the beginning of the file, the c_cflag
is unsigned int member in the struct termios structure. The CRTSCTS is
defined in the file as a 48 bit value.

#define CRTSCTS 020000000000 /* flow control */

I saw the following snippet in one of the serial applications.

struct termios newtio;
newtio.c_cflag = B9600 | CRTSCTS | CS8 | CLOCAL | CREAD;

My question is, the c_cflag is a 32 bit value member and the CRTSCTS
is a 48 bit value. How CRTSCTS is accommodates into c_cflag variable?
Please let me know, if my interpretation is wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ramya.