Re: [Ksummit-2010-discuss] checkpoint-restart: naked patch

From: Oren Laadan
Date: Sun Nov 07 2010 - 16:42:02 EST

[cc'ing linux containers mailing list]

On 11/06/2010 04:40 PM, Gene Cooperman wrote:

8. What happens if the DMTCP coordinator ( checkpoint control process) dies?
[ The same thing that happens if a user process dies. We kill the whole
computation, and restart. At restart, we use a new coordinator.
Coordinators are stateless. ]

My experience is different:

I downloaded dmtcp and followed the quick-start guide:
(1) "dmtcp_coordinator" on one terminal
(2) "dmtcp_checkpoint bash" on another terminal

Then I:
(3) pkill -9 dmtcp_coordinator
... oops - 'bash' died.

I didn't even try to take a checkpoint :(

Oren.