PROBLEM: i915 modesetting - weird offset graphics(v2.6.37-rc1-27-gff8b16d)

From: Jon Masters
Date: Thu Nov 04 2010 - 03:29:01 EST

Folks,

I upgraded the userspace on my EeePC 1015PEM netbook to the latest
Fedora (F15) rawhide and booted a custom kernel in order to test both
the RC1 and also see if the now in-staging brcm80211 behaves better (it
doesn't, it still can't survive suspend at all, separate issue though).

The xrandr output is identical in both case, showing a mode of 1024x600
being the one that X is currently using. Booting with i915 modesetting
disabled does avoid the weird offset but of course X doesn't start. I
can bisect this if there isn't already some suggestions from the
audience, in particular is to what debug information you need.

Kernel: v2.6.37-rc1-27-gff8b16d

Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonmasters/5145351220/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonmasters/5144748543/

Said system will likely be at plumbers in the am...

Jon.