Re: regression: b43-sdio: probe of mmc0:0001:1 failed with error -16

From: Ohad Ben-Cohen
Date: Mon Nov 01 2010 - 00:51:21 EST

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 11:51 PM, Arnd Hannemann <arnd@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In Daniel's scenario, mmc_sdio_init_card() fails because
>> mmc_send_relative_addr() returns -110.
>>
>> Can you please check out if that's the same thing you have too ?
>
> No, it seems to be the pm_runtime_get_sync in sdio_bus.c::sdio_bus_probe().

Yeah, this is just the symptom though - pm_runtime_get_sync tries to
power up the card, and eventually mmc_sdio_init_card() is called (by
mmc_sdio_resume which is invoked by mmc_resume_host).

On the XO-1.5 mmc_sdio_init_card() seems to fail due to
mmc_send_relative_addr() returning -110; this may suggest that
although mmc_power_off() and mmc_power_on() were called, we still
didn't have a full power reset, and the card/controller are left at a
weird state.

Can you please check out if that's the same failure in your case too ?

Thanks!
Ohad.