Re: [ANNOUNCE] Status of unlocked_qcmds=1 operation for .37

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Fri Oct 29 2010 - 03:48:16 EST

> I would have to agree that approach does make a bit more sense.. Now
> can some brave soul (/me looks at ak) code another script to automate
> this for the identified legacy LLDs cases that need push down..?

For the drivers I looked at it doesn't really make too much difference,
I don't think there was any with a really large number of returns.
You can see that in the diffstat for the full changes.

Writing another script is probably not too hard, but the problem
is that I needed a significant amount of manual post processing
(both the select the right files to patch and to get rid
of misplaced newlines and some mismatches in cocci)
So it's not a fully automated procedure.

-Andi