Re: How do I add yaffs file system to mainline?

From: Corey Ashford
Date: Thu Oct 28 2010 - 13:58:23 EST

On 10/27/2010 05:08 PM, Charles Manning wrote:
YAFFS has been used for many years as a third-party patch-in.

I have recently been through the exercise of changing all the symbols to be
more kernel friendly with the intention of mainlining into the linux tree.

The code is in git at http://github.com/cdhmanning/linux-yaffs-integration/

Thanks to CELF and Google for sponsoring the effort so far.

What still needs to be done to mainline this?
Who do I need to approach?

I'd say you need to post a series of incremental patches which introduces this filesystem, why the kernel should have it, why people would want it, etc.

For lots more details, you should take a look at the files in Documentation/development-process in the kernel source tree.

--
Regards,

- Corey

Corey Ashford
Software Engineer
IBM Linux Technology Center, Linux Toolchain
Beaverton, OR
cjashfor@xxxxxxxxxx