Re: OOM help

From: William Thompson
Date: Thu Oct 28 2010 - 08:38:48 EST

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 09:39:11AM +0900, KOSAKI Motohiro wrote:
> Hi William
>
> That said, there are two possibility.
> 1) your kernel (probably drivers) have memory leak
> 2) you are using really lots of GFP_KERNEL memory. and then, you need to switch 64bit kernel
>

> Can you please try latest kernel and try reproduce? I'm curios two point.
> 1) If latest doesn't OOM, the leak has been fixed already. 2) If the OOM occur,
> latest output more detailed information.
>
> But, if you want asap solution, I recommend to try 64bit kernel.

I'm having the problem again. This time, I'm using 2.6.35.4. Would
changing from 1gb kernel/3gb user to 2gb/2gb help? I don't believe I
actually use more than 1gb or so of user space memory anyway.

64-bit would require that I completely reinstall this system which is
definately not something I want to do.