Re: wl12xx board_ref_clock

From: Ohad Ben-Cohen
Date: Wed Oct 27 2010 - 17:42:34 EST

Hi Elvis,

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM, Elvis Dowson <elvis.dowson@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>                  To which device does board_ref_clock refer to?

An external clock hardwired to your device. You should ask the vendor
of your board which one is it.

> On my board, the SDIO CLK line from the MMC2 controller is connected to the LSR TiWi wlan module.

This has nothing to do with the SDIO clk.

> What is the impact of not specifying a board_ref_clock?

Bad timing issues. Expect bad WLAN behavior (but not poof of smoke).

PS - please don't CC LKML on these issues. for wl1271 questions,
please CC linux-wireless

Thanks,
Ohad.