nfsd changes for 2.6.37

From: J. Bruce Fields
Date: Tue Oct 26 2010 - 12:45:56 EST

Please pull the following nfsd updates from the for-2.6.37 branch at:

git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux.git for-2.6.37

Neil Brown modifed the way we wait for upcalls to solve a performance
problem and a long-standing NFSv4 correctness problem.

Pavel Emelyanov started the job of making the NFS client and server
container-aware. (Note that for the sake of keeping his work in one
tree, Trond and I agreed to merge it through my tree, though it includes
client as well as server changes.) Thanks to Chuck Lever for help with
review.

Thanks also to Tom Tucker for some rdma fixes (and review help).

I'm continuing work to bring the NFSv4.1 server close enough to the spec
that we could turn it on by default without risking future
interoperability problems. We're not quite there yet.

A moment's silence for the spkm3 code, please. It's been lying unused
for years now, so we decided to finally put it out of its misery.

We're also deprecating (not removing quite yet) the old nfsd control
interfaces.

I have a few last-minute changes still under testing that I may try to
sneak in later in the week, but given the short merge window I thought
it would make more sense to send the bulk of the changes now.

--b.

Andy Adamson (1):
nfsd: remove duplicate NFS4_STATEID_SIZE declaration

Andy Shevchenko (1):
sunrpc/cache: don't use custom hex_to_bin() converter

Benny Halevy (1):
nfsd4: adjust buflen for encoded attrs bitmap based on actual bitmap length

Bryan Schumaker (1):
lockd: Mostly remove BKL from the server

Chuck Lever (2):
SUNRPC: Use conventional switch statement when reclassifying sockets
SUNRPC: Properly initialize sock_xprt.srcaddr in all cases

J. Bruce Fields (39):
svcrpc: minor cache cleanup
svcrpc: cache deferral cleanup
Merge remote branch 'trond/bugfixes' into for-2.6.37
nfsd4: fix hang on fast-booting nfs servers
nfsd: fix /proc/net/rpc/nfsd.export/content display
nfsd4: remove spkm3
nfsd4: minor variable renaming (cb -> conn)
nfsd4: combine nfs4_rpc_args and nfsd4_cb_sequence
nfsd4: rename nfs4_rpc_args->nfsd4_cb_args
nfsd4: generic callback code
nfsd4: use generic callback code in null case
nfsd4: remove separate cb_args struct
nfsd4: Move callback setup to callback queue
nfsd4: fix alloc_init_session BUILD_BUG_ON()
nfsd4: fix alloc_init_session return type
nfsd4: clean up session allocation
nfsd4: keep per-session list of connections
nfsd: provide callbacks on svc_xprt deletion
nfsd4: use callbacks on svc_xprt_deletion
nfsd4: refactor connection allocation
nfsd4: add new connections to session
nfsd4: return expired on unfound stateid's
nfsd4: expire clients more promptly
nfsd4: don't cache seq_misordered replies
nfsd4: move callback setup into session init code
nfsd4: use client pointer to backchannel session
nfsd4: make backchannel sequence number per-session
nfsd4: confirm only on succesful create_session
nfsd4: track backchannel connections
nfsd4: callback program number is per-session
nfsd4: separate callback change and callback probe
nfsd4: delay session removal till free_client
nfsd4: move minorversion to client
nfsd4: only require krb5 principal for NFSv4.0 callbacks
nfsd4: fix connection allocation in sequence()
svcrpc: never clear XPT_BUSY on dead xprt
svcrpc: assume svc_delete_xprt() called only once
svcrpc: no need for XPT_DEAD check in svc_xprt_enqueue
svcrpc: svc_tcp_sendto XPT_DEAD check is redundant

NeilBrown (14):
sunrpc: extract some common sunrpc_cache code from nfsd
sunrpc: use seconds since boot in expiry cache
sunrpc/cache: allow threads to block while waiting for cache update.
sunrpc: close connection when a request is irretrievably lost.
nfsd: disable deferral for NFSv4
nfsd/idmap: drop special request deferal in favour of improved default.
svcauth_gss: replace a trivial 'switch' with an 'if'
sunrpc/cache: change deferred-request hash table to use hlist.
sunrpc/cache: fix recent breakage of cache_clean_deferred
nfsd: formally deprecate legacy nfsd syscall interface
nfsd: allow deprecated interface to be compiled out.
sunrpc: fix race in new cache_wait code.
sunrpc: Simplify cache_defer_req and related functions.
sunrpc/cache: centralise handling of size limit on deferred list.

Pavel Emelyanov (37):
nfsd: Export get_task_comm for nfsd
sunrpc: Pass the ip_map_parse's cd to lower calls
sunrpc: Make xprt auth cache release work with the xprt
sunrpc: Pass xprt to cached get/put routines
sunrpc: Add net to pure API calls
sunrpc: Add routines that allow registering per-net caches
sunrpc: Tag svc_xprt with net
sunrpc: The per-net skeleton
sunrpc: Make the /proc/net/rpc appear in net namespaces
sunrpc: Make the ip_map_cache be per-net
sunrpc: Factor out rpc_xprt allocation
sunrpc: Factor out rpc_xprt freeing
sunrpc: Add net argument to svc_create_xprt
sunrpc: Pull net argument downto svc_create_socket
sunrpc: Add net to rpc_create_args
sunrpc: Add net to xprt_create
sunrpc: Tag rpc_xprt with net
net: Export __sock_create
sunrpc: Create sockets in net namespaces
sunrpc: Use helper to set v4 mapped addr in ip_map_parse
sunrpc: Remove unused sock arg from xs_get_srcport
sunrpc: Remove unused sock arg from xs_next_srcport
sunrpc: Get xprt pointer once in xs_tcp_setup_socket
sunrpc: Remove duplicate xprt/transport arguments from calls
sunrpc: Factor out udp sockets creation
sunrpc: Factor out v4 sockets creation
sunrpc: Factor out v6 sockets creation
sunrpc: Call xs_create_sockX directly from setup_socket
sunrpc: Merge the xs_bind code
sunrpc: Merge xs_create_sock code
sunrpc: Pass family to setup_socket calls
sunrpc: Remove TCP worker wrappers
sunrpc: Remove UDP worker wrappers
sunrpc: Remove useless if (task == NULL) from xprt_reserve_xprt
sunrpc: Don't return NULL from rpcb_create
sunrpc: Remove dead "else" branch from bc xprt creation
sunrpc: Turn list_for_each-s into the ..._entry-s

Stephen Rothwell (1):
sunrpc: fix up rpcauth_remove_module section mismatch

Tejun Heo (1):
sunrpc/xprtrdma: clean up workqueue usage

Tom Tucker (2):
svcrdma: Change DMA mapping logic to avoid the page_address kernel API
svcrdma: Cleanup DMA unmapping in error paths.

Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt | 10 +
fs/Makefile | 5 +-
fs/compat.c | 2 +-
fs/lockd/host.c | 1 +
fs/lockd/mon.c | 1 +
fs/lockd/svc.c | 2 +-
fs/lockd/svc4proc.c | 2 -
fs/lockd/svclock.c | 31 ++-
fs/lockd/svcproc.c | 2 -
fs/nfs/callback.c | 4 +-
fs/nfs/client.c | 1 +
fs/nfs/dns_resolve.c | 6 +-
fs/nfs/mount_clnt.c | 2 +
fs/nfsd/Kconfig | 12 +
fs/nfsd/export.c | 73 +++--
fs/nfsd/nfs4callback.c | 245 ++++++++------
fs/nfsd/nfs4idmap.c | 105 +------
fs/nfsd/nfs4proc.c | 7 +-
fs/nfsd/nfs4state.c | 491 ++++++++++++++++++----------
fs/nfsd/nfs4xdr.c | 18 +-
fs/nfsd/nfsctl.c | 26 ++-
fs/nfsd/nfsd.h | 2 +-
fs/nfsd/nfssvc.c | 5 +-
fs/nfsd/state.h | 52 ++-
include/linux/net.h | 2 +
include/linux/nfs4.h | 3 +
include/linux/sunrpc/auth.h | 4 +-
include/linux/sunrpc/cache.h | 37 ++-
include/linux/sunrpc/clnt.h | 1 +
include/linux/sunrpc/gss_spkm3.h | 55 ---
include/linux/sunrpc/stats.h | 23 +-
include/linux/sunrpc/svc_xprt.h | 32 ++-
include/linux/sunrpc/svcauth.h | 17 +-
include/linux/sunrpc/xprt.h | 4 +
net/socket.c | 3 +-
net/sunrpc/Kconfig | 19 -
net/sunrpc/auth.c | 2 +-
net/sunrpc/auth_generic.c | 2 +-
net/sunrpc/auth_gss/Makefile | 5 -
net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_spkm3_mech.c | 247 --------------
net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_spkm3_seal.c | 186 -----------
net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_spkm3_token.c | 267 ---------------
net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_spkm3_unseal.c | 127 -------
net/sunrpc/auth_gss/svcauth_gss.c | 51 ++--
net/sunrpc/cache.c | 288 ++++++++++++-----
net/sunrpc/clnt.c | 1 +
net/sunrpc/netns.h | 19 +
net/sunrpc/rpcb_clnt.c | 4 +-
net/sunrpc/stats.c | 43 ++-
net/sunrpc/sunrpc_syms.c | 58 +++-
net/sunrpc/svc.c | 3 +
net/sunrpc/svc_xprt.c | 59 +++--
net/sunrpc/svcauth_unix.c | 194 ++++++++---
net/sunrpc/svcsock.c | 27 +-
net/sunrpc/xprt.c | 39 ++-
net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/svc_rdma.c | 11 +-
net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/svc_rdma_recvfrom.c | 19 +-
net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/svc_rdma_sendto.c | 82 ++++--
net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/svc_rdma_transport.c | 49 ++--
net/sunrpc/xprtrdma/transport.c | 25 +-
net/sunrpc/xprtsock.c | 358 +++++++-------------
delete mode 100644 include/linux/sunrpc/gss_spkm3.h
delete mode 100644 net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_spkm3_mech.c
delete mode 100644 net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_spkm3_seal.c
delete mode 100644 net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_spkm3_token.c
delete mode 100644 net/sunrpc/auth_gss/gss_spkm3_unseal.c
create mode 100644 net/sunrpc/netns.h