Re: 2.6.36, make oldconfig broken

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Fri Oct 22 2010 - 21:06:02 EST

On Friday, October 22, 2010, Randy Dunlap wrote:
>On 10/22/10 13:08, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Friday, October 22, 2010, Randy Dunlap wrote:
>>> On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 12:29:36 -0400 Gene Heskett wrote:
>>>
>>> [adding linux-kbuild]

>>> I think that it runs 'make oldconfig' automatically for you.

>When I use your config-2.6.36.7 file on 2.6.36 and run 'make oldconfig',
Correction, that config was from 2.6.35.7.

>I don't see anything like changes in disk or graphics card drivers and
>I don't see 100 or more lines thrown away in the multimedia drivers.
>
>Did you use 'make oldconfig' or did you use that script that you have
>mentioned and posted in the past? Could it be causing problems?

My script (buildit26) takes an old argument and a new argument, that and
any patch names needed are edited into it, not passed as arguments,
although I have thought of doing that, but as that can lead to typu's
getting past these old fingers, I don't trust me doing it with live
arguments. It copy's the old .configs to /tmp long enough to unpack the
new, then copy's them into the new tree. And they do a make oldconfig after
any patches have been applied.

It hasn't been edited since I ran it, so I'll attach it. Maybe you can see
something I missed.

Thanks Randy.

--
Cheers, Gene