Re:2.6.36, make oldconfig broken

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Fri Oct 22 2010 - 12:29:45 EST

Greets all;

I have managed to get 2.6.36 to a semi-usable state, but I have major
breakage yet.

Question: what happens if I simply move my working 2.6.35.7 .config into the
2.6.36 tree and build it from that?

It can't be any worse than what the broken 'make oldconfig' did to it. What
it output changed the disk drivers, graphic card drivers and just plain
threw away at least a hundred lines in the multimedia drivers section.

How do you suggest I recover from this if just building from the 2.6.35.7
.conf doesn't work?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)