Re: [Patch] IBM Real-Time "SMI Free" mode driver -v7

From: Vernon Mauery
Date: Thu Oct 21 2010 - 10:23:28 EST

On 21-Oct-2010 02:54 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
Applied, thanks. It'd be nice if we didn't have to rely on DMI,
especially since enterprise customers often end up running later kernels

I am not sure what you mean here by problems with DMI running later kernels.

- is there any other way to determine that this is safe to load? Could

I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would allow us to ensure that this is only loaded on IBM systems. DMI is pretty good about that.

--Vernon

we just limit it to IBM systems in a server/blade chassis and then check
for the _RTL_ area?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx