Re: Inode Lock Scalability V7 (was V6)

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Thu Oct 21 2010 - 09:20:42 EST

It seems we are at an impasse.

It doesn't help that you are ignoring the most important concerns
I've been raising with these patches. The locking model and the
patch split up. I'd really like not to get deadlocked on this (haha),
so please let's try to debate points. I've tried to reply to each
point others have questioned me about, whether I agree or not I've
given reasons.

So, you know my objections to this approach already... I've got an
update on my patchset coming, so I'd like to get some discussion
going. I've cut out some of the stuff from mine so we don't get
bogged down in boring things like per-zone locking or changing of
the hash table data structure.

Thanks,
Nick