Re: linux-next: manual merge of the msm tree with the arm tree

From: Nicolas Pitre
Date: Mon Oct 18 2010 - 15:29:43 EST

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010, Daniel Walker wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 19:20 +0100, Russell King wrote:

> > > Would be nice to get CC'd ...
> > >
> > > Ideally this patch should have been broken up and sent individually to
> > > each maintainer .. Then I could manage this within my own tree..
> >
> > Err no. It is one complete change which can't be broken up sensibly.
> > Breaking it up will mean either you lose functionality or you break
> > your build.
>

> Ok, well in that case why not accept this immediately after the merge
> window? A point when everything is quiet, and most of the tree's are
> empty?

RMK has his own merge window which closes about at the same time as
Linus' one opens. We thought this was happening last week and therefore
this change was supposed to be the last one.

> Well how about I merge this change into my tree ?

If you ask RMK to merge your tree in his that would be much simpler to
add this change in a single pass afterwards.

Nicolas