Re: Difference between twl4030_hsmmc_info andomap_mmc_platform_data

From: Luciano Coelho
Date: Fri Oct 15 2010 - 06:08:43 EST

Hi Elvis,

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 23:48 +0200, ext Elvis Dowson wrote:
> I'm trying to bring up a TI WL1271 wlan module connected to MMC2 controller of a TI OMAP 3530 processor.

Some weeks ago I have sent a patch to linux-omap and linux-wireless
mailing lists to add support for the wl1271 expansion card on the Beagle
board. It was not accepted because of two things: first I had hardcoded
the board configuration file, so that it would only work with wl1271
(and not with other expansion boards); second the expansion card should
be detected by using the EEPROM connected to the i2c lines in the
expansion board, but at the moment Beagle people do this kind of
detection in the bootloader and not in the kernel

Anyways, the patch I sent works at least with the wl1271 daugther card
from CircuitCo, if you just want to try it out.

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/201572/

--
Cheers,
Luca.