Re: Kernel Scalability to 48 cores

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue Oct 12 2010 - 10:33:23 EST

Cyrus Massoumi <cyrusm@xxxxxxx> writes:

> A friend just sent me the following PDF about Linux Scalability to many cores and I thought it might be interesting to the list for further discussion.
> It's about scalability problems of the Linux kernel and applications
> with 48 and more cores.

Note that 48 cores is a small system these days.

> http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/papers/linux:osdi10.pdf

The paper is known, but it seems to be in the usual unproductive
"publish a paper, but don't care about fixing anything" acedemic mode.

A lot of the issues described there are already being addressed
I believe.

-Andi

--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- Speaking for myself only.