Re: Lenovo S12 2.6.36-rc7 lockup

From: Chris Vine
Date: Mon Oct 11 2010 - 19:28:13 EST

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 18:12:42 -0400 (EDT)
Len Brown <lenb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> any difference if you boot with "intel_idle.max_cpus=0"?
>
> thanks,
> Len Brown, Intel Open Source Technology Center

No, that doesn't make any difference.

However, playing around with this has revealed that if I keep my finger
continuously on a keyboard key (Ctrl or Alt are obviously good choices
as they don't of themselves input anything) causes the notebook to
behave more or less normally. However, as soon as the key is released
it goes into some kind of sleep state. It looks as if it might be some
kind of ACPI issue.

Chris