Re: [patch 00/47] Sparse irq rework

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Mon Oct 11 2010 - 07:35:47 EST

> Hmm, that's probably a problem for all legacy interrupts which are
> never torn down once they are set up. And we set them all up during
> early boot.
>
> So either we special case the legacy area or remove the warning
> alltogether.
>
> Another option I discussed with Suresh recently is to remove the
> allocator in intr_remapping.c and just embedd irq_2_iommu into
> irq_cfg.

Just in case that's of use, on powerpc, we just special case the legacy
range. It's keep un-requestable unless somebody comes and explicitely
claims it (using a special flag for our virq scheme, typically only 8259
does it for us) and then we get 1:1 all pre-allocated and mostly
immutable.

Cheers,
Ben.