stable cc's in linux -next was Re: [BUG] x86: bootmem broken on SGI UV

From: Dave Airlie
Date: Sat Oct 09 2010 - 17:35:13 EST

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 4:39 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Yinghai Lu <yinghai@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> It is too late for put in 2.6.36. Linus already had -rc7, and assume he will have final .36 this week.
>
> Anything that is worth tagging for stable is worth fixing before the
> final release (probably Wednesday).

Do we track people dong this at all? I wonder how many patches in
linux-next have cc: stable in them but haven't been submitted to
Linus,

I know in some cases people want to soak test them for a bit longer
but not sure how much actual coverage next provides.

Dave.