Re: kgdb errors with serial console

From: Elvis Dowson
Date: Fri Oct 08 2010 - 20:05:48 EST

Hi Jason,
Perhaps the debugger is timing out because it doesn't get a break point to debug a specific event?

Could you tell me the order in which I should try it?

I think earlier on, when I used the kgdbwait bootarg, it ran and initialized eclipse debugger. Then when I entered the

echo g > /proc/sysrq-trigger

it just activated the debugger correctly because the kgdb_breakpoint method was called in file kgdb.c

So, what should I do to test this? Do I write a small file, and add a call to kgdb_breakpoint in that example file, and then when I execute it, the debugger would get activated?

Is there any other test that I can run, without writing my own example ?

Best regards,

Elvis